Thursday, July 31, 2008

Help Our Wounded Troops!

Our troops have given their all and more to keep us safe and free. It has not been an easy thime for them or their families. Now, for some of our troops and their families, things have gone from bad to worse. Many of our troops, especially the one's that have been severely wounded, are in danger of losing their homes.

Now it is our turn to step up and protect those that have been protecting us from losing their homes. The Coalition to Salute America's Heroes needs our help to fill their Wounded Troops Foreclosure Fund, so they can help prevent these foreclosures. I know things are tough out there, what with the price of fuel and food, but these are our heroes. They have sacrificed more than many of us can imagine. I am asking you to give up a couple of movies, that case of beer, that dinner out or night out with the boys or girls. I cannot say this enough, these severely wounded troops and their families have made sacrifices we can never fathom. I am asking you to dig deep and help with all you can. Thank you! - Sailor

Coalition to Salute America's Heroes

Wounded troops hit by foreclosure crisis need your help to avoid losing homes!

Dear Patriotic American,

The number of calls have skyrocketed.

"Ever since I got out of the hospital, I've been unable to work. My wife can't work because she has to take care of me and the kids."

"Now, I'm holding a foreclosure notice on my home and I don't know what I am going to do."

It started out as a trickle. Just a few of the hundreds of calls the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes receives every week.

Wounded troops, many paralyzed, brain-damaged, burned or blinded asking for someone to help them save their homes and keep their families from being tossed out into the street.

Now, that trickle has turned into a flood and it is threatening to drown many of these wounded warriors.

Please click here to help prevent them from losing their homes.

My name is General Chip Diehl (Ret.) and I'm writing to you on behalf of the Coalition to Salute America's Heroes. The Coalition is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization founded to help troops who have been severely wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan.

So far, the Coalition has rushed over $11 million in emergency aid to more than 6,000 of our severely wounded troops and their families.

Because of this surging need, we've just launched the Wounded Troops Foreclosure Fund, an effort to raise $1 million to help as many wounded troops and their families as possible who are facing foreclosure or eviction.

By clicking here you can make a generous, tax-deductible donation to the Coalition's Wounded Troops Foreclosure Fund.

I also want to ask you to take just a few seconds to sign a special THANK YOU and GET WELL card for a severely wounded young Marine, Soldier, Sailor or Airman.

When you make a donation, a special THANK YOU and GET WELL card with your name on it will be hand-delivered to a severely wounded hero who needs some cheering up. You can even type in a personal greeting if you like!

Click here to send your greeting to a disabled hero.

Your greeting card and donation may be helping someone just like Frank G.:

"On November 28, 2004, while on patrol in Iraq, I was wounded by an IED. I lost some of the use of my left lower leg and have partial paralysis. Soon after retiring, my wife and I discovered we couldn't make ends meet on the pension I was receiving.

"I sold personal belongings on E-bay and tried to find work. For the first time in my life,I had bill collectors calling me. I felt incredible shame and anger that I wasn't able to provide for my family, and I was afraid of losing everything I had worked for.

The day I called CSAH was the best move I have made for my family. The Coalition has given us the chance to keep our home. And because of all the people out there who donate to this incredible organization, we have time to find the solution."

So far, the Coalition has been able to help every single wounded troop who has placed an emergency call to the Coalition.

But this latest surge has completely busted our budget.

We've had to cap our emergency aid grants for foreclosures at $25,000 a week.

That's all we can afford to send.

But for the past couple of months, we have been averaging $36,000 a week in emergency aid payouts!

So, you can see, we are facing a shortfall of $11,000 a week . . .

. . . just as the need has risen to historic levels.

Two recent headlines on the front page of USA Today caught my attention, and they may have caught yours as well.

The first headline was, "Soldiers risk ruin while awaiting benefits checks." The article described how government red tape was holding up benefits checks for so long that many soldiers were winding up in homeless shelters.

The second article was headlined, "More U.S. troops battle foreclosure." It pointed out how America's foreclosure crisis is having a devastating impact on our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A little extra help may be all many of these wounded heroes need to turn their financial situation around, so please click here to make a generous donation right now.

These wounded heroes have protected our freedom, our families and our homes. Now it's our turn to protect theirs.

Please click here to make a generous, tax-deductible donation to the Coalition's Wounded Troops Foreclosure Fund.

Thank you,

Brigadier Gen. Arthur F. "Chip" Diehl

U.S. Air Force (Ret.)

P.S. The skyrocketing number of disabled servicemen and women facing foreclosure has wiped out our ability to help every single paralyzed, burned, blinded or brain-damaged soldier who needs help saving their home.

Many of these troops are unable to work, and nearly half their spouses have been forced to leave the work force and become full time caretakers for their injured spouse and kids.

Can you imagine how you'd pay your rent or mortgage under those circumstances?

That's why the Coalition has created a Wounded Troops Foreclosure Fund to help these families, and I hope I can count on your support!

Please click here to make an emergency donation.



No comments:

Post a Comment